7 HR Challenges of Small Businesses
Who should you attend this workshop?
If you manage people or will in the future, you need to be here. This workshop will benefit leaders in positions that include:
- Business Owners
- Medical Practice Administrators
- HR Professionals
Why should you attend this workshop?
Many small businesses view adding employees as a sign of growth and success. Without the knowledge of what it takes to manage employees and remain compliant, this sign of success can quickly become a source of frustration.
Employees are a big-ticket item and when managing employees isn’t done well it can simultaneously cripple your bottom line and decrease morale. This workshop provides learning opportunities that will help you to navigate employee management and compliance.
What are the takeaways of this workshop?
This is not a sales presentation on using consultants. This information-packed learning experience will leave attendees more informed. Most importantly, attendees will walk away with actionable items that will immediately impact the relationship between the attendees and their employees.
About the presenter April Simpkins, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Dually-certified in human resources by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) and the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- President of the Carolinas Chapter of SHRM
- Over 25 years of human resources experience; 16 of those years as the President of HRS&S
- Named one of the 50 Most Influential Women of 2016 by the Mecklenburg Times
- Finalist for the 2015 South Carolina HR Professional of the Year Award presented by the South
Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- 2015-2016 – Chair, Small Business Council, York County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Published Writer: “8 HR Considerations As You Grow Your Team” B2B Tribe Magazine